We collect cookies. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer and which contains data. For more information, please visit All About Cookies.
You may turn off cookies through your browser settings. To learn how to do so, use your browser’s Help Menu.
What we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may also be checked through an automated spam detection service.
The comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
When signing up for our email newsletter, we collect your email address, name, date and time of the subscription, and the list you subscribed to for marketing and communication purposes. We may also collect data concerning the date and time when you have interacted with the newsletter, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
Please note that we do not share the information provided through an email subscription and that you may opt-out of our email subscription at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” and following the instructions provided in each email. Your information will be kept as long as you are subscribed.
When using our contact form, we use the information you provide (such as name, email and message) to store all communications/correspondence indefinitely and reply to your message and/or future correspondence. The information provided through the contact form will not be shared without your consent and will not be used for unsolicited emails.
- You can read about how Google uses information from sites that use its services (such as ours) here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics altogether here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You may ask us to:
- Correct/update your personal information;
- Delete your personal information; and
- Provide you with the personal information we hold about you
How we protect data
We protect your data in many ways. We:
- Use SSL (secure sockets layer);
- Keep our software up to date;
- Create weekly backups;
- Use strong passwords;
- Use security software;
- Frequently scan the website for vulnerabilities, malware and security;
- Sanitize user inputs and encrypt passwords;
- Remove unneeded plugins and themes;
- Limit the amount of users and restrict access; and
- much more!
Data breach procedure
Our data breach procedure is as follows:
- Change all passwords
- Create a backup
- Identify the hack and remove it
- Change all passwords again
- Look into possible preventative measures and implement such measures when possible
- Consider contacting law enforcement
- Inform commentators by email